It started when i got the call to leave to Langkawi for my training in flying school. As i've probably mentioned this before, the timing of the call was perfect. In Langkawi, i was in batch 23. The 16 of us MAS cadets were joined by another 5 private cadets (if i remember correctly) which made us a total of 21. Out of 16 of us MAS cadets, 1 dropped out during our time in Langkawi. We're left with 15.
After a year and a half of training in Langkawi (exactly 18months) we graduated but did not have a proper graduation due to the fact that we as a batch didn't want to spend a whole lot of money just to feed the instructors
Coming back to KL was one of the best feelings i've had since flying school. We had about 2 months of rest period (off days) before we had to report to our company (MAS) and sign the rest of our agreement to continue with our training for the fleet that we're about to fly. The Boeing 737-400. On top of being bonded for 15 years (for flying school training) we signed for another 3 years bond of about RM150k. (on top of RM235k) for our 734 training. It took us about a month to get all the documents and tags settled.
July 1st 2010 marks the date of us joining the company as employees.
6 months passed by and we had probably 6-10 odd briefings during that time. It was an ENJOYABLE HOLIDAY because we were on payroll. :) Although we get only a small amount it was something at least for us sitting at home and shaking our legs all day long.
In the month of January or February, (i cannot remember exactly when) we started our ground school courses. Type technical examinations, Performance examinations, etc. Finally, from doing nothing we were doing something! Ground school ended around May or June or July i can't remember as well.
As ground school was ending, we had to choose simulator partners. Our batch had 15! 15/2 = 7 pairs + 1 without pair. And guess who was without? ME. I was the one left out. But God sees me through. 1 of us had stress problems and medical issues, he dropped out of our batch taking medical leave. That leaves us with 14! And I finally have a partner. I Thank God for him, for being my partner and friend.
Sim ended well with no problems at all. A smooth sailing ride i would say. After which we had our endorsement flight to go for which was scheduled on the 9th of November 2011. It was the first time i flew the real aeroplane (without passengers of course). We did circuits and landings at Johor Bahru airport. I thought i was in the simulator in the real aeroplane! cause it felt almost exactly the same. If not, probably better. (the visuals were real for once LOL)
After endorsement comes Line training. The most crucial part of our training. I started on the 28th of November my first flight was with Captain Chen C.K. He was a real nice person, instructor I would really love to fly with him again. Thank God for him. It was my first trip too! I went to Labuan for a night stop. It was pretty exciting to have to fly and stay in a hotel for the first time in my life. After my first trip however, I had a break till February 22nd if i remember correctly. I Thank God again for that holiday. December I enjoyed Christmas holidays, and January Chinese New Year Holidays. It was AWESOME.
Though Line training was pretty stressful at times, I can now look back and I am certain that God was there with me every step of the way. I know He has a plan for me. In fact, He has a plan for everyone. Sometimes life gets tough, we should probably pray harder not so much for God to intervene in the situation, but more for God to help you understand why you're going through such a situation and for Him to help you get through it.
Line training ended on the 25th of June 2012.
PS : Im not sure if I made sense in this post of not, It doesnt really matter. Its just a timeline for me to remember. Speaking from my head.
Signing out
Core
No comments:
Post a Comment